chumbucket and Associates grand steal-a-thon

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Bakishwaka

Re: chumbucket and Associates grand steal-a-thon

Post by Bakishwaka »

Clark_Kent wrote:
I knew I had to be missing one. No houses in the lost lands though.

touche

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

Clark_Kent wrote:
noxmonk wrote:
Clark_Kent wrote: I'm curious to as which characters in cA you consider to be "classless" and a detriment to the server, there's only about 5 of us really and for the most part I'd like to think we all work towards the betterment of this shard and it's community.
I think it would be a safe bet to say your "associates" have pushed more people away specifically by your actions then people who have joined because of them. You would qualify this as betterment?
We host numerous events that are accessible to new players that usually require little skill and prizes can be obtained merely with effort (my character obtained his first house through cA related events before he was a member.) cA kept me playing here when I started and I've brought 4 friends to the server.

We are a major presence in the bug department as well as the new players forum (and the forum community as a whole). We are constantly on IRC participating civilly in discussion. We're always willing to educate players on the mechanics of the game and how to safeguard oneself. We are constantly answering questions and advising new players because we are so well known--our capers provide entertainment for quite a few people, and most I have come across in my own tales of adventure enjoy the stories we provide.

And ultimately, we're not a for-profit group. We keep enough to live comfortably and recycle the rest of our wealth back into the community in our events. Notice it's not new players who are often our targets, it's the big dogs who should know better or have the means to eat the loss and move on.

HERE HERE!

getting taken in by a well thought out caper is FAR more friendly and entertaining then having your bard farmed while farming and yet that's totally common. dont get angry because you got suckered, appreciate the cleverness behind the scam, or the skill of the thief, or the hilarity of the occasionally absolute failure and move on .. its a VERY era-accurate and VERY real part of what made this game what it was, and to lose that would be to lose the whole point, EVEN when you get burned for it.

chum once stole my runebook from me, nearly a year ago, then extorted me to buy back the runes... aggravating yes, witty as fuck, yes

respect cA.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Bakishwaka wrote: HERE HERE!

getting taken in by a well thought out caper is FAR more friendly and entertaining then having your bard farmed while farming and yet that's totally common. dont get angry because you got suckered, appreciate the cleverness behind the scam, or the skill of the thief, or the hilarity of the occasionally absolute failure and move on .. its a VERY era-accurate and VERY real part of what made this game what it was, and to lose that would be to lose the whole point, EVEN when you get burned for it.

chum once stole my runebook from me, nearly a year ago, then extorted me to buy back the runes... aggravating yes, witty as fuck, yes

respect cA.
It's posts and feedback like this that make it worth putting all of the effort that I do into my trade. Thank you for the kind words.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

The fact that a person does "bad things" in game does not make them a bad or "classless" person. Let's not forget that this is a role-playing game, and if you want to role-play a bad guy, that's just as valid as role-playing a brave slayer of blood elementals whose only utterance is "vendor buy the bank some guards". Either way, you aren't your UO character! :)

The fact that you can be the bad guy, whether you choose to do so or not, is why we play here, isn't it?

I'd much rather be hornswoggled by a bad guy who's going to tell an entertaining story about it afterwards.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

Daltrey wrote:..... hornswoggled ......
GREAT WORD +1 Daltrey

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Daltrey wrote:Either way, you aren't your UO character! :)
Psychologically speaking this is very inaccurate. You are your online persona, typically. Perhaps you're not running around and eating llamas and horses as an Urk but there's been a few really well done studies of the online persona, be it game, chatroom, or other forum where communication is made. I think there was one published a few years back in a med journal but I can't say for certain. I know there's one about the removal of inhibition which causes us to do things we desire to do, or how we desire to act, that only the anonymity of the internet allows for. A quick google search if you're actually interested should provide you with enough material to last a few hours perusing.

That's neither here nor there, and leave it to chum to jump to an extreme. No one was stating trammel, only you. All I merely inferred was that as a direct result of your actions people have left the shard as the only reason, and that nothing you have done has likely been the sole reason of someone joining the shard. I would classify a negative impact to playerbase as a detriment. However, I never claimed cA should stop or otherwise be dissuaded from their actions, only that they are a cancer more than a cure.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

noxmonk wrote:
Daltrey wrote:Either way, you aren't your UO character! :)
Psychologically speaking this is very inaccurate. You are your online persona, typically. Perhaps you're not running around and eating llamas and horses as an Urk but there's been a few really well done studies of the online persona, be it game, chatroom, or other forum where communication is made. I think there was one published a few years back in a med journal but I can't say for certain. I know there's one about the removal of inhibition which causes us to do things we desire to do, or how we desire to act, that only the anonymity of the internet allows for. A quick google search if you're actually interested should provide you with enough material to last a few hours perusing.

That's neither here nor there, and leave it to chum to jump to an extreme. No one was stating trammel, only you. All I merely inferred was that as a direct result of your actions people have left the shard as the only reason, and that nothing you have done has likely been the sole reason of someone joining the shard. I would classify a negative impact to playerbase as a detriment. However, I never claimed cA should stop or otherwise be dissuaded from their actions, only that they are a cancer more than a cure.
Why do you have such a harsh opinion on us?(link)

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

You sure did spend a lot of time crafting fake tales of adventure(link) trying to get me back for this.(link)

That's neither here nor there really. I had a good chuckle at myself and several at your irc anger. My opinion is based solely off what I read on a near daily basis about the associates being detrimental rather than the shining boon of betterment and model citizenry Mr. Kent feels that you guys are to the shard. However you like to paint it, you glean from my words what you perceive them to be. Which gives a solid indication of acknowledgment given your discourse.

Carry On.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

Bakishwaka wrote:this calls for a poll!

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7476
BUMP
cA has taken an early lead... shocker!

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

noxmonk wrote:
You sure did spend a lot of time crafting fake tales of adventure(link) trying to get me back for this.(link)

That's neither here nor there really. I had a good chuckle at myself and several at your irc anger. My opinion is based solely off what I read on a near daily basis about the associates being detrimental rather than the shining boon of betterment and model citizenry Mr. Kent feels that you guys are to the shard. However you like to paint it, you glean from my words what you perceive them to be. Which gives a solid indication of acknowledgment given your discourse.

Carry On.
Your opinion is neither here nor there! What now, Citizen?
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

Bakishwaka wrote:this calls for a poll!

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7476

it appears the poll has spoken loud and clear, the people as a whole like cA!

naysayers should be stripped of their posting rights; forced to march nude through the streets of Britain, and generally degraded at first sight

*takes a bow*

good night.

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

Didn't say thieves were bad, said the way they harass people and the shit they talk in game and on the forum is classless. I'll continue to do all my game play where ever I choose I know the thieves are about and aren't really dettered by them. I have a thief as a roleplaying char as well. Roleplaying is part of the game I understand this. But once you've been made or revealed why continoussly harass players are there not enough players online to target?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Didn't say thieves were bad, said the way they harass people and the shit they talk in game and on the forum is classless.
This is far off topic from the original player-ran-event thread this was, but I'll say this.

No member of cA is guilty of harassing anyone. Stealing is not harassment, looting your corpse is not harassment, and robbing your house, again, not harassment. There is absolutely no verbal assault that could be considered harassment coming from cA. Granted, there may be a small amount of forum banter that could be considered classless, this is NOTHING compared to the majority of the population. If anything at all, we take more verbal harassment than the average player on a day to day basis while we are just trying to play the game using normal mechanics and have a good time. I think we all realise that with thieving, comes this constant hatred, and take it in strides. The only possible "shit talk" you hear ingame, is likely caused by your provocation, and is never unwarranted.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

Pics or the event didn't happen. ;-)