lockpicking

Moderator: Support Moderators

YouthBuild

lockpicking

Post by YouthBuild »

I have a GM carpenter/GM tinkering and I made GM wooden boxes and I'm having my guy use lockpicks on them inside a house. I have gained nothing for the past 2 hours. I bought 21.9 real skill from the vendor and nothing is going up, this is a new character with 60/10/10 stats. Is there something i'm doing wrong? My macro is just the ones I've seen on earlier board posts.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: lockpicking

Post by MatronDeWinter »

You need to start by using a box made by a tinker with like 40-50 skill.

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

didn't work... so should i get a character with less skill in tinkering? or less skill in carpentry?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

No, a box made at 50 tinkering skill (carpentry does not matter) will get you from 30 lockpicking to around 70 where you can then use a box made by a GM tinkerer (again, carpentry skill does not matter) to gain the rest of the way.

If that's not working then you need to check that your macro is working, and your skill arrow is set to up, as well as that you have the skill points available to actually gain. It works.

You cannot gm the skill this way, and around 93-95ish (I forget exactly, whenever the gaining stops) you will need to switch to dungeon chests (level 4's work nice) to gm.

Return to “New Player Help”