Starvation!?!?!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Greenway

Starvation!?!?!

Post by Greenway »

What effects result from the starvation of one's character? I have heard many things on servers other then T2A, ( Hit Chance Decreased, slow health drain, ext..) but I wanted to know if I should always carry a chicken leg like i always carry my banages.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Starvation!?!?!

Post by Daolin »

Yes. You must eat at least once every 108 minutes in real time logged or not, or something terrible will happen. I can't say what, but make sure you eat every 108 minutes.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

lol marfu.

Starvation has absolutely no effect on gameplace, skilluse or skillgain. It's actually a pretty good thing because the more hungry your character is, the more food he/she can eat. Each time you eat food, you gain a little stamina. That is the ONLY benefit of eating.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

its always been a big debate as to wether eating has any affect on gameplay

ive heard people supposidly quote developers and GMs saying that it does and ive
heard programmers say that they have never found any code that deals with eating

i personally through my experience feel that it does (i think the code has been embeded in since first days of
devolpement and has been 'lost') guy who programmed it prob doesnt even remember how it works either

be neat if someone GMd two characters in magery or something haveing one eat and one starv
and recorded the number of regs it took on both

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Just to update for anyone searching, this was recently changed such that hunger impacts the rate at which Stamina and HPs are regenerated. It still has no impact on skill gain (and never did).

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Mikel123 wrote:Just to update for anyone searching, this was recently changed such that hunger impacts the rate at which Stamina and HPs are regenerated. It still has no impact on skill gain (and never did).
I can vouch for this.

Was macroing magery at the bank (for some reason ebolt does like, 1 damage to me in town... weird). Anyway, my HP dropped to around 75. Yikes. It was regening very slow, so I ate some ribs and it never dropped below 99 again for awhile.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

pablo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by pablo »

But it makes me feel better when I'm not getting gains, so I'll keep eating. :wink:

Return to “New Player Help”