How Does Mount Stam and Food Work?

Moderator: Support Moderators

alcon

How Does Mount Stam and Food Work?

Post by alcon »

When I play I feel like some mounts have more stam than the others ( like an ostard compared to a horse) and which mounts have more stam than the others? Also, as far as feeding them, what is the difference between using a fruit or hay, and how much stam does it regen?

Derrick

Re: How Does Mount Stam and Food Work?

Post by Derrick »

A broad question, so here's kind of a broad answer.

It's a little bit different than feeding players; Different food types have different fill factors. Apples have a "fill-factor" of one, but other foods, like hay have more.

Each fill factor gives 10% of the pets stamina back when fed. So a pile of ten apples will completely fill any mounts stam but it may only take 5 hay or less (i don't remember the hay fill factor but it's much bigger) to fill it.

Mounts and pets (other pets do lose stamina too) have stamina that is not always based on their dexterity as a players is. And they do gain stamina by gaining dex through exercising skills such as wrestling. A horse fresh from the animal trainer will not have a lot of stamina. A wild Ostard will have more.

alcon

Post by alcon »

so if i wrestle with my mount will it gain an increased amount of dex? And if so, do I need to have wrestling as a skill or can i fight it with 0 wrest just to gain it's dex?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Gains for creatures work the same as for players, a creature cannot gain still unless he has both a chance of success and failure. I realize the difficulty would be difficult to determine though for a pet of unknown skill level.

Return to “New Player Help”