Mage Bard [and where to PVM]

Moderator: Support Moderators

Atha

Mage Bard [and where to PVM]

Post by Atha »

hello UOSA!

i have started my first char on UOSA and are wondering about a few things.

my template are resist/magery/med/provo/music/eval/wrestling [the standard]

ive gm`ed provo, music, and eval int, and are in the mid 50`s with magery,meditation,wrestling and resist

problem is, i see people on both IRC and the forum write that this is the best temp for money making,(or..one of the better ones) but i cant seem to find the "sweet spot'" on where to hunt.

ive been alot to shame and orc fort, but these places are to easy and yield to little gold imo.

150gp drops from orc mage lords is a bit to little, and they are so easy to take down, im ready for something more ...satisfying..goldwise :)

what other places are good for some solid farming ?

PK`ers: disregard this post. i did not ask about this, and i will not be at any of the locations suggested :)

Fingers Malone

Re: Mage Bard [and where to PVM]

Post by Fingers Malone »

Try the Lost Lands.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/t2a/t2aplaces.shtml

With magery in the 50's, I'd say try City of the Dead north of Delucia. Usually plenty of spawn there. Selling the plate armor that drops off of the Bone Knights will boost your take.

Also, the Ophidian spawn west of Papua would be good. Watch out for Knight-Errants and Avengers. The spawn rate seems a bit low and it's in the wrong place but if you run out of Ophis it's a short run to Terathan Keep.

Both of these spots are relatively close to town if you die.

Get your magery in the 80s and mark at Balrons (under Terathan Keep if I remember correctly), Ophidian Temple (in the desert north of Papua), and Titan valley (W or NW part of the T2A zone). You'll make serious cash here and see PKs.

There are tons of mummies, stone harpies, stone gargies, and the odd titan/cyclops in the desert north of Papua. You just have to run around and find them. BTW, Wyverns don't have great loot but they make great weapons for an enterprising bard.

Good luck.

Atha

Post by Atha »

great! many good location tips there.

thank you :)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

All of those are heavily traveled by PKs, make sure you have a getaway plan.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Atha

Post by Atha »

actually, i havent met a single PK`er yet. *knock on wood* :shock:

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Cyclops Valley in the lost lands. It's can only be reached by boat unless you have a rune.

Fingers Malone

Post by Fingers Malone »

Unlimited Bladeworks wrote:Cyclops Valley in the lost lands. It's can only be reached by boat unless you have a rune.
If you can't teleport in from the south side, the map isn't "era accurate." It's a royal pain to get there but you should be able to teleport in. Although, I do know of a spot in the desert that isn't quite right either. :P

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Unlimited Bladeworks wrote:Cyclops Valley in the lost lands. It's can only be reached by boat unless you have a rune.
Just head east out of Delucia to that little pond nearby, theres a boat with a bunch of runes on it. One goes to Cyclops.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Go to Destard and provo Dragons. FAT LOOT to be had doing that.

(but the PK threshold is high there so have an escape plan)

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Destard isn't worth the hastle...

I have good luck with Ice Fiends since they are kinds slow spawns and the loot isn't incredible...but it is an easy provoke and I like to pick the chests.

Titans in T2A are great

Terathan Keep late late at night or early early in the morning is absolutely fabulous with the double bally spawn right inside...but during prime time it is heavily patrolled by pk's

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

I agree, t2a is your best bet. Most pks don't want to go through the hassle of going into t2a , you still will get your occasional pk there but not nearly as much as the hot spots in Felluca.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Return to “New Player Help”