Can't get NPCs to give quests...

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
roguethunder

Can't get NPCs to give quests...

Post by roguethunder »

Oi. Having some problems here with npcs, and getting quests off em.

With my fighter character, I tried doing the brit graveyard quest once--failed due to well. Not killing the blue-elder-zombie-bugger. Oh well. Went to get it so I could try again, cant get more than the first chat blob from Sagen(The npc near west brit bank, which gives said quest.) I know the keyword should be "strange" to get the 2nd part. It doesnt produce ANY response. She only eventually repeats the first bit automatically.

With my GM Miner/Smith, the lady miner npc at the Minoc mines that are essentially IN town in Minoc, starts to blerb about a quest... but whatever word I try I cant get a 2nd part out of her either.

I tried replacing my speech.mul with one I found somewhere around this forum, it did no good. (From a thread that suggested such issues were due to a corrupt copy of said file.)

Its kinda irritating...

Anyway. *shrugs* Anyone got any ideas here. Could it be the 6.X.X... client I'm using causing issues?

Derrick

Re: Can't get NPCs to give quests...

Post by Derrick »

they keywords are usually more direct responces to what was said, like yes, ok, what, where, how, etc.

Be sure you've deleted your old quest by dropping it to the ground if expired before trying to do it again.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

roguethunder

Re: Can't get NPCs to give quests...

Post by roguethunder »

Derrick wrote:they keywords are usually more direct responces to what was said, like yes, ok, what, where, how, etc.

Be sure you've deleted your old quest by dropping it to the ground if expired before trying to do it again.
Interesting. I very destinctly got it before with the keywords "strange" and "unusual" ... but will try that.

*shrugs* Ill give that a try tho.

Edit: No luck. That said I noticed something. Sagen is only saying
"Hello . There's been something strange going on north of town...." rather than
"Hello Kaze Horosha. There's been something strange going on north of town...."
as it should be doing... I believe. It says other peoples names when it starts blabbing at them.

Also. I don't seem to have a copy of the quest in my pack, but don't recall dropping it either. Tho I may have.
I'm gona dl the t2a era client with patch tonight anyway, hopefully a freash client doesn't experience the problem and I can chalk it up to something wrong there.

If its any consolation, someone else had no trouble getting the quest, so I suspect it is my client.