PvP help?

Topics related to Second Age
Clyde-

Re: PvP help?

Post by Clyde- »

p.s. ALWAYS casting explo before ebolt is unwise. On a t2a server there are plenty of ways to use ebolt with out using explosion first...just listen to what i said in the post above and you'll be fine.
-cr3w-

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Lady Aura wrote:
0hhellsn0 wrote:AWESOME thank you Lady Aura.

Is heal skill of any use in pvp for dexxers? or would it be better to replace that skill with something else...maybe use magery for healing instead (along w/ pots)?

If you're a dexxer, you need healing and anatomy.
Totally not true, you can substitute healing for wrestling and include meditation and be a med warrior variant

Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Mage
Resist
Meditation
Wrestling

I would even go far enough to say go 90 str/80 dex/55 intelligence and this is one of those templates where you can wear modest armor in a leather tunic. You will have enough mana to almost always have a g-heal ready. People like to Min/Max their dueling box temps because you are forced to either do significant damage in a short amount of time or have a large mana pool in order to recover because you are always in the range of threat. Field is much different.

For example I have this concept I call the Blitz mage

Its your 7 X tank but with much higher dex

95 str/60 dex/70 intel... its more or less along the lines of coming in with your buddies all potted up with strong offensive spells then gutting down your kill with your melee or succession of harm/hally.

You have 15 character slots, make your cookie cutters then experiment with other things. The 100/100/25 stat base is straight forward and it does work...but there are times when you will say...if only I could have got more swings in or I wish I had enough mana for a g-heal right then, or man I wish I could have cast teleport to catch that guy how would I know he would have ran away so fast after paralyzing him. Some instances require the boy scout be prepared type builds. They tend to be more complex, some suited for particular tasks, tactics, strategies, ambushes etc. that will take some ingenuity on your part. You can survive with only 90/95 strength trust me... the secret is to be equipped, and utilize things like a use g-heal wand then use a g-heal potion one after the other right away in a macro etc.

Of course if you mean PVP like honor fighting one vs one in a contained area, the cookie cutters are probably your best bet.

PS Zombie thread lives!!!!
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

u just after the loot? or pvp fun? I suppose its all on pref. but myself i enjoy doing tank mages, even mixing it up i have a wild template out there that has no wrestling and instead uses archery and swords, it's odd and hardly ever wins haha. But fun as hell- one of my most enjoyed characters would have to be my thief mage, super fun. nothing like jacking everything from a dexer than mindblasting him into submission :)