just wanted to say ty

Topics related to Second Age
[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: just wanted to say ty

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Kye Smogg wrote:Like what was said recently...the population count isn't the problem. The quality of the population IS.

People perhaps should take a good look in the mirror and how they conduct themselves in-game.

Sure, its fun to PK, but many have driven players off who eventually grew tired of the fact there's no escape from the regular patrols.

You may feel clever to scam someone. But your actions represent the entire server. Players leave here and tell their stories on other forums. Those stories mark this server.

And sure, it might be cool to cock-block at the IDOC by placing a small. But is that 12 hours you wasted to get 2x deed for a small really worth it, and is all that you have left in this game to enjoy, sitting around waiting for the decayed handouts of players you probably were partially responsible for their leaving?

And this obsessing over other servers, instead of worrying about them, encourage the staff here to inherit their ideas. There are some vibrant, dynamic (and growing in population) shards out there and instead of treating them like the enemy, learn from them. Implement some of their new ideas, and evolve as a shard. Because I will honestly say, after seeing one not-to-be-named particular shard's Halloween events, there's a lot of catch-up work to be done.
Blaise, you got banned for posts like this and go away.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

THIS SERVER IS ALL ABOUT PKING AND PVPING

to me
Last edited by Freight Elevator on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

memememe

Post by memememe »

I named this pic sadface when I saved it on my pc.
Name speaks for itself :(

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Menkaure wrote:
Kaivan wrote:I just pointed out that UOSA makes PKing easier to do than a server that adheres to a UOR ruleset. Your statement, whether intended or not, doesn't imply that there is a shift that makes PKing easier, but explicitly states that UOSA is all about PKing and PvP (e.g. focused on). I'm just pointing out that a generalization like that is far from accurate.
Man, I wasnt trying to generalize anything, or say that UOSA is all about pking and pvp.
What I am trying to say that the Second Age era IS more pk/pvp friendly then any era after it.
As someone who has never pvp'd in UO, ever, I have to say that, while I get what you're trying to say, Menk, Kaivan is right that there is plenty here for the non-pvper. I'm obviously not here for the PVP and I love this shard. I do agree with you that the "problem" with people quitting after a short time is because they can't handle the pwn, so to speak. ;) The pk's and grievers are doing nothing more than playing the game the way we all WANT it to be able to be played.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Boondock_Saint wrote:I thought this was an "I'm rage quitting thread." :(
LOL! Same. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lambo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Lambo »

memememe wrote:I named this pic sadface when I saved it on my pc.
Name speaks for itself :(

This is nothing close to an accurate depiction of the client count on UOSA. UOSA is the only one of those list that actually goes down everyday most are up 247. Some of the newer servers encourage players to stay online 247 365 by giving them prizes for being logged in , this also creates a false client count. Check out our population from about 3pm - till server down its always between 1-3 in population.
Buying Charged Hallys/Bards
Buying +20 Power and above Hallys
Buying Reflect Items 30 Charges and above

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Unfortunately for us, new players look at client count when they find those sites and that is the shard they decide to join, if their decision isn't based off the era they enjoyed.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

LOL @ the "Abyss" shard spelling. Apparently theres a girl named Abby, and thats her shard, or they are just freaking retarded and cant spell for shit.

It appears they are retarded, look at the bottom of that server it gives a webpage, and there they spelled it right, abyss. Lol.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

FishinPro wrote:Unfortunately for us, new players look at client count when they find those sites and that is the shard they decide to join, if their decision isn't based off the era they enjoyed.
I don't know how true that is. I played about 7 different servers and never once checked any of those websites to find them. I haven't actually met a single person that has used one of those voting sites to find a server. I'm sure that some people do but I really doubt it can make or break a server.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

Freight Elevator wrote:
FishinPro wrote:Unfortunately for us, new players look at client count when they find those sites and that is the shard they decide to join, if their decision isn't based off the era they enjoyed.
I don't know how true that is. I played about 7 different servers and never once checked any of those websites to find them. I haven't actually met a single person that has used one of those voting sites to find a server. I'm sure that some people do but I really doubt it can make or break a server.

That is how I found this server, although I came for the era not the population. I am talking more about the people who come and play for a year or so and then quit, not the hardcore UO players like us. Those people probably base their choice on the population size. Because A-it shows to them that that shard is 'good' and B-there will be 'more' interaction on that shard.

We know this not to be true, but those people don't.

Just a thought...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

To find UO Second Age, pretty sure I googled Ulitma Online servers and looked at a LOT of them, and then picked this one based on the DESCRIPTION of the server, i.e. emulates the second age/old school. Willing to bet that the majority of people look at several different servers, regardless of population, and first try the one with the description that best fits their preferences.

That said, if the population appears really low, it'll scare away a lot of players.

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

Menkaure wrote:I'm so tired of hearing its the quality of the population.
That's not it at all. There's so many good people who help this server and help new players its ridiculous. Here's the truth. This is a pre Trammy pvp/pk focused shard. Therefore new guys that don't know anyone that start here get pkd within hours, realize that it's "too hard" cause they are straight Trammy bitches and quit. There's a reason why uo went to trammel. There's a reason why the most popular mmorpgs out there that are "no loot," are the most popular and why the ones where pvp is dominant and especially the ones where you can loot are dying (like darkfall, mortal online etc) it's cause the majority of the mmorpg world doesn't like to die or pvp, they are pussies. Unfortunately for most of us that are still left here, we enjoy the risk, it's just we are the minority.
LOL - you are "so tired of hearing" that claim, yet apparently you are hearing it enough that it is causing you to be annoyed. So all those other people are wrong and you're right, correct? This know-it-all attitude and arrogance is -------EXACTLY------- what drives many people away from here.

But...there's more! So again, the quality isn't the problem, but - according Mr. Gaming Expert, the majority of the MMO world doesn't want to die or even do PVP. And anyone who doesn't like the style of play here are deemed "pussies" or "straight Trammy bitches".

And after saying THAT you actually claim there's no issue with the quality of the people here? LOL ok.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:Blaise, you got banned for posts like this and go away.
First off, I'm not Blaise. I've been on these forums since about the beginning of this year and if I was Blaise, I know enough about him to know he's far too proud to hide under a different nick.

And Eo, speaking of population quality, you are a shining example. I'm not going to turn this into an all-out personal attack but when we sit around wondering where our 500+ online counts have gone, your name would certainly be pretty high up on that list of reasons.

I'm going to leave it at that and not say more before it gets ugly, but like what I mentioned earlier, what you say here on these forums, how you act (i.e. the "trammy bitches" comments) and the things you do in-game all impact the population of this shard. You either either see it or you don't. But that number in top right corner indicates to me that right now many of you don't.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kye Smogg wrote:
Menkaure wrote:I'm so tired of hearing its the quality of the population.
That's not it at all. There's so many good people who help this server and help new players its ridiculous. Here's the truth. This is a pre Trammy pvp/pk focused shard. Therefore new guys that don't know anyone that start here get pkd within hours, realize that it's "too hard" cause they are straight Trammy bitches and quit. There's a reason why uo went to trammel. There's a reason why the most popular mmorpgs out there that are "no loot," are the most popular and why the ones where pvp is dominant and especially the ones where you can loot are dying (like darkfall, mortal online etc) it's cause the majority of the mmorpg world doesn't like to die or pvp, they are pussies. Unfortunately for most of us that are still left here, we enjoy the risk, it's just we are the minority.
LOL - you are "so tired of hearing" that claim, yet apparently you are hearing it enough that it is causing you to be annoyed. So all those other people are wrong and you're right, correct? This know-it-all attitude and arrogance is -------EXACTLY------- what drives many people away from here.

But...there's more! So again, the quality isn't the problem, but - according Mr. Gaming Expert, the majority of the MMO world doesn't want to die or even do PVP. And anyone who doesn't like the style of play here are deemed "pussies" or "straight Trammy bitches".

And after saying THAT you actually claim there's no issue with the quality of the people here? LOL ok.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:Blaise, you got banned for posts like this and go away.
First off, I'm not Blaise. I've been on these forums since about the beginning of this year and if I was Blaise, I know enough about him to know he's far too proud to hide under a different nick.

And Eo, speaking of population quality, you are a shining example. I'm not going to turn this into an all-out personal attack but when we sit around wondering where our 500+ online counts have gone, your name would certainly be pretty high up on that list of reasons.

I'm going to leave it at that and not say more before it gets ugly, but like what I mentioned earlier, what you say here on these forums, how you act (i.e. the "trammy bitches" comments) and the things you do in-game all impact the population of this shard. You either either see it or you don't. But that number in top right corner indicates to me that right now many of you don't.

Oh calm the fuck down, trammy bitches and things said of that nature is whats called JOKES, OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?! JOKES ON A VIDEO GAME FORUM!!!
Seriously though, Im not acting like I know it all. Its the truth, look at the polls man, look at history, look at facts, the MAJORITY of mmorpg players are people who enjoy pvming, not pvping. Why did UO take a HUGE hit in population when Everquest came out? Why was UO at its most popular when Trammel came out? Its because all the people who were sick of getting pkd came back to try the game once they found out there was somewhere safe they could go. And you just said Eo is a reason why people quit? Why? Because he kills people on Pink Boots? Are you kidding me man? Why are you even here? If you cant handle the heat, dont play on this shard, because its obviously not for you. Did you even play UO back in the late 90s? Guess what? It was full of ass holes, and full of people who pkd and pvpd, if anything, this shard is an EXACT replica of the life back in 1999. So, with that being said, the GMs really did hold up their end of the bargain, they have a server IDENTICAL to 1999, including the "quality of the population." Because, in 1999, I was 15 years old and I remember every dungeon I ever went in, if I stayed for longer then about 1.5 hours, there were going to be a few reds coming by to try and smoke me. And they would kill my horse, loot me dry and not res or gate. So, this is no different. If you want a care bear type of land, this ERA isnt for you....... you trammy bitch, LOL. (Come on, that was funny)

By the way, fun fact, EA made Trammel because they had so many complaints of players quitting because of getting pkd all the time. Again I ask you, if this shard is going for replication and not for "whatever works" then they are right on target.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Kye Smogg

Post by Kye Smogg »

Menkaure wrote: Oh calm the fuck down, trammy bitches and things said of that nature is whats called JOKES, OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?! JOKES ON A VIDEO GAME FORUM!!!
Seriously though, Im not acting like I know it all. Its the truth, look at the polls man, look at history, look at facts, the MAJORITY of mmorpg players are people who enjoy pvming, not pvping. Why did UO take a HUGE hit in population when Everquest came out? Why was UO at its most popular when Trammel came out? Its because all the people who were sick of getting pkd came back to try the game once they found out there was somewhere safe they could go. And you just said Eo is a reason why people quit? Why? Because he kills people on Pink Boots? Are you kidding me man? Why are you even here? If you cant handle the heat, dont play on this shard, because its obviously not for you. Did you even play UO back in the late 90s? Guess what? It was full of ass holes, and full of people who pkd and pvpd, if anything, this shard is an EXACT replica of the life back in 1999. So, with that being said, the GMs really did hold up their end of the bargain, they have a server IDENTICAL to 1999, including the "quality of the population." Because, in 1999, I was 15 years old and I remember every dungeon I ever went in, if I stayed for longer then about 1.5 hours, there were going to be a few reds coming by to try and smoke me. And they would kill my horse, loot me dry and not res or gate. So, this is no different. If you want a care bear type of land, this ERA isnt for you....... you trammy bitch, LOL. (Come on, that was funny)

By the way, fun fact, EA made Trammel because they had so many complaints of players quitting because of getting pkd all the time. Again I ask you, if this shard is going for replication and not for "whatever works" then they are right on target.
I played UO and MMOs before that as well (The Realm, for example). Everquest didn't explode because of people being tired of being PK'd, EQ was new and fresh and offered a few things UO didn't at that time. Classes were a big draw, and that first-person perspective was a major step in a new direction. And griefing in EQ was -far far far- worse than UO. One player could wreck it for an entire zone (the guy who decided he wants to do nothing but pull trains for an entire evening in Unrest on his monk). And the XP loss was painful too, so just "losing your stuff" wasn't the only irritant. People could do those things there without any recourse. (Just go Google Fansy the Bard for a story of one of the most epic and hilarious MMO griefers ever, which happened to be in EQ).

People quit Ultima Online during that time because it simply grew old. It became stagnant. Didn't change. Didn't evolve. Didn't try to keep up with the competition. See where I'm going with this?

I don't think the 'complaints' came from the players. The complaining came from the accounting department. The game developers hadn't kept up with the pulse of where the MMO genre was headed and it was too little too late with the Trammel addition.

And yes I wholeheartedly agree that MMOs have evolved to a carebare-ized state because people want that World of Warcraft press-one-button-to-win experience. But it doesn't mean that they're "pussies" because they enjoy PVM in UO.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Kye Smogg wrote:
Menkaure wrote: Oh calm the fuck down, trammy bitches and things said of that nature is whats called JOKES, OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?! JOKES ON A VIDEO GAME FORUM!!!

I played UO and MMOs before that as well (The Realm, for example). Everquest didn't explode because of people being tired of being PK'd, EQ was new and fresh and offered a few things UO didn't at that time. Classes were a big draw, and that first-person perspective was a major step in a new direction. And griefing in EQ was -far far far- worse than UO. One player could wreck it for an entire zone (the guy who decided he wants to do nothing but pull trains for an entire evening in Unrest on his monk). And the XP loss was painful too, so just "losing your stuff" wasn't the only irritant. People could do those things there without any recourse. (Just go Google Fansy the Bard for a story of one of the most epic and hilarious MMO griefers ever, which happened to be in EQ).

People quit Ultima Online during that time because it simply grew old. It became stagnant. Didn't change. Didn't evolve. Didn't try to keep up with the competition. See where I'm going with this?

Why did it get so much more popular when UOR came out? over 100k people or something activated/reactivated accounts for UO when UOR/Trammel came out. And yes EQ was fresh, and graphics were great etc, but at the same time, you couldnt get looted and you werent pvping unless on a pvp server. How popular do you think WoW would be if you could kill others and loot their corpse dry? I bet itd be very different. I agree with you about evolving as a game, Ive said for months this shard needs to evolve or else the game gets stale, however, they wont because they arent thriving for something that doesnt get stale, they are thriving for era accuracy. To which, they almost have nailed it (pre casting is still fucking incorrect but theres no way to prove it).
My point is this era is more friendly for pvp/pks then any other era EXCEPT for the dread lord era. This era is also, the best era, imo. But it doesnt matter, it still has nothing to do with the quality of the people. People are going to pk/pvp as much as they want, thats why this era was fun. Macroing 8 hours off a kill wasnt bad to get out of stat loss. Macroing 40 hours was a nightmare.

Btw I remember the fansy the bard story from sellos zek or whatever it was called, shit was hilarious, they changed the rules because of him.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish