Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

2x Smalls North of Minoc (Keep dropped) [SOLD]

Post by Elk Eater »

Only selling as a pair!

S/B: 4x deed EACH (8x deed total)

Buyout 6x deed EACH (12x deed total)

If the buyout is not met, auction ends 48 hours after the starting bid is met, or 2 hours after the last bid, whichever comes last!

Last edited by Elk Eater on Thu May 30, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

xynosis

Re: 2x Smalls North of Minoc (Keep dropped)

Post by xynosis »

good luck.
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Bump
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Warrick

Post by Warrick »

Buying from elk..

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Confirmed!

Warrick

Re: 2x Smalls North of Minoc (Keep dropped) [SOLD]

Post by Warrick »

good trade.. gave deeds first then he Xfered.. all well.. ty ELK

Tony Costa

Post by Tony Costa »

Lol whoever bought these is out of their mind. The spot isn't worth shit and I have runes to every spot you can recall to in the keep walls.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

If the house in the middle is bought, will a keep fit then? Or you would have to buy te house above?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

I believe all 5 houses occupying this space are owned by the same folks now. As for not being a good buy, I think you are pretty far off on that, Tony.

For the new group of owners:

The middle and top houses were placed at cost (2x deed total)

The top left house was purchased at 3x deed.

My two houses were purchased at 4x deed each (8x deed total)

13x house deeds were used to secure the spots, 5 of which will be returned when a keep is placed. That ends up being a keep for keep deed and a half, roughly.

Can you show me the last time a keep sold for that cheap (or even close!), marked runes in walls or otherwise?

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Tony Costa wrote:Lol whoever bought these is out of their mind. The spot isn't worth shit and I have runes to every spot you can recall to in the keep walls.
I wouldn't say it's "worth shit". Keeps are valuable and the buyer shouldn't have trouble selling it. That's a nice area. However, I am not a fan of small placers trying to get so much out of their smalls that are blocking keep or castle placement. I know you think you're taking "your share" of the profits, because whoever buys them all will be making a pretty decent profit on the sale of the keep (or castle), but I firmly believe the keep/castle placer should be allowed that profit. Buying smalls like this is a gamble in that, a) you're "hoping" a large house like what was there before will still fit, b) if you haven't already secured purchases for the remaining smalls, you might have just bought some really expensive junk smalls that you can't do anything with, and c) the actual process of taking down all of the smalls in an effort to place the large house is risky in itself (hoping nobody comes by to spoil your plans while it is all going on, or a crafty stealther watching for them to all go down and place something himself). These risks/gambles, while somewhat unlikely, are what the buyer is compensated for in the end by making the final sale of the keep or castle. You, with your smalls, have taken none of these risks.

I know we all want our fair share, but the buyer/future placer is doing all of the hard work. Be happy with 2x or 3x deed for placing a simple small that took relatively little work on your part. Okay, getting off my soapbox... :wink:

/rant

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

The person who bought and secured all these houses will end up paying somewhere near 1m gold in total for the keep, which will easily sell for 2m gold. These are the same people at the same IDOC that I was at. You don't think that 1m gold profit is fair in comparison to my 260k profit?

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Elk Eater wrote:The person who bought and secured all these houses will end up paying somewhere near 1m gold in total for the keep, which will easily sell for 2m gold. These are the same people at the same IDOC that I was at. You don't think that 1m gold profit is fair in comparison to my 260k profit?
I agree Elk. If the buyer owns all the houses, I would have done the same thing, maybe even sold the smalls for more.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Respectfully disagree with your post Apocalypse. The price of every property sold in this game, high or low, is based on some combination of:

surroundings/view/eye candy (coastal properties, places of interest, etc.)
proximity to interesting sites (moongates, towns, dungeons, etc.)
proximity to other real estate owned by a player (people like to group houses together)
proximity to resources (mining, lumber, etc.)
ability to run a vendor out of the location
ability to quietly macro
ability to turn it into a larger property
whether the buyer thinks he can flip the property for more to a subsequent buyer
historical reasons
etc.

In other words, the motivation surrounding every sale is different. If a buyer hoping to place a castle wants to take the risks you identified quite nicely in your post, that's his issue. I don't see why somone who owns a blocker small should eat potential profit just to make life better for someone who wants to place a keep. Hell, I have no sympathy for ANY keep owner, since obviously the game is treating them pretty well if they can afford that sort of deed.

The market speaks for itself. Keep owners don't need any additional breaks, and small owners shouldn't be expected to take a back seat.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Just for further information, I spoke with the owner of the middle house when I still owned these, and he would part with it for no less than 5x deed, so I let mine go for cheaper than the new owners would have sold theirs for.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I'm all for selling for whatever the market will bear. I just think the risk/reward ratio seems off, but I guess I'm an old school guy who's used to selling keeps for 1.2 mil to maybe 1.5 mil tops. The housing market right now has got my head reeling so I must be way off base. If they're truly selling for 2 mil now, then I think the ratio is more even. You're numbers do seem much more realistic in light of that.

*edit*

To reiterate my thinking, if the owner pays around 1 mil to buy the houses and place a keep and, in my old school way of thinking, would only be able to sell for 1.2 mil or so, that's not very much profit compared to the risks involved, as I stated. Hopefully you guys can see where I was coming from with that. :)