An Introduction

Topics related to Second Age
Rasmenar

An Introduction

Post by Rasmenar »

Hail and well met fellow travelers, my name is Rasmenar. I created an account for this server many years ago, but never got around to actively playing.

Well, I'm here now. I am currently skilling up my Tamer/Bard, and I am looking for a community willing to accept me and a good friend of mine, who is completely new to Ultima Online in general.

Also, any newcomer's advice would be welcome :) It's nice to be returning to an era of UO history that was a big part of my early gaming days, and there's still a few things I never knew back then and still don't know today. I'm sure as I have more questions, I'll come to the forum and ask.

I look forward to sharing this incredible game with you all,
-Rasmenar

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: An Introduction

Post by Budner »

I am so freakin' jealous of someone completely new to UO. It's like a white Christmas morning with giant piles of vodka and titties under the tree.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Best advice: When in the wild, be ready to recall at the first sign of trouble.

Second best advice: When you get a house, learn how to make it secure from house looters and stick to that routine.

FisuUOSA

Post by FisuUOSA »

Also check the guides done by users. They helped me A LOT.
Oh, and stay out of Britain.. When I started, my first char, a dexxer, I took Jhelom as my home. Cemetery is NEXT to the city, its good to start and make some gold. Also, if you are like me and prefer to skill up while playing instead of afking, that cemetery helped me to raise skill in a good time, while making gold and few newbie items from the Liche that spawns.

Housing guide
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45943

Hunting guide
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46019

Tips
viewtopic.php?t=25447&p=236592

More tips
viewtopic.php?p=133279#p133279

Oh, keep in you mind, you will die when starting. Make a recall macro and learn to use it when you see danger. But dont get frustrated :p

Rasmenar

Post by Rasmenar »

I know most of what's been posted, but it's helpful to show it all to my roommate. He wants to experience the origin of MMO's, since he's never been into the genre. He's going to be playing Elder Scrolls Online with me. I'm teaching him the value of working towards a goal, and carefully planning builds. I'm also showing him the dangers of open PVP, since in the provice of Cyrodiil pvp will be open (No word yet on if you lose inventory items if you die, probably not but we can hope). Still, it may not be as risky as UO PVP, but he'll learn the value of playing carefully.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Welcome to the server! It is a great one and has an awesome population.

If you ever need anything, post on here or jump into IRC (you may have to download MIRC cuz the web application is finicky). Or alternatively, send me a message and I'll help to the best of my ability!

:)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Best tip: Never trust anyone named hazy or Scooby Doo
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Andersonius

Post by Andersonius »

Welcome to the shard!

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

Greetings and Welcome.

Pac

Post by Pac »

Vega wrote:Best tip: Never trust anyone named hazy or Scooby Doo

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Budner wrote:... completely new to UO. ... titties under the tree.
:D

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon