PKed by Downs

Topics related to Second Age
LordKrake

PKed by Downs

Post by LordKrake »

Hey hey, guys. So I got PKed by a guy named Downs in Destard yesterday. I am not mad, so this is not a rage post. I had been there for a while and was stupid and wasnt hidden. It was inevitable, as PKing is a huge part of this game and I was in a prime spot!
I am more confused, curious, and grateful. In that order. So if one of you on the forum here is Downs, and you are cool with answering my questions, that would be great!.

!. How in the world did you kill me man?! I didnt see you recall in, or show up on screen. I was just looting my LAST dragon of the run, and then BAM, death screen. Did you sneak up and flamestrike me? Did you provo one of the dragons on me and it just 1 shot me (I was pretty much full health). Ha! I am so confused.

2. You made out with some good stuff off my body, but I had just looted a treasure chest from the dragon, and was super excited cause its the only chest that dropped during my time there. I am dying to know what was inside it! Feel like telling me?

3. Finally, thanks for leaving my recall rune and scrolls, and my cloths, on my body so I could sneak back and collect and recall to safety. Thanks for not being a jerk about that.

See you around (hopefully not from a death screen every time).

peace.

~Krake (Tomah of Thamara, in game)

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: PKed by Downs

Post by Aeris »

Hahaha ohhhh this post is too funny :lol: That treasure chest you looted was trapped by a GM Tinker named "Downs" and someone, probably him, was stealthing you and dropped the crate on your dragon's body hoping you would double click it and die :D
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

TI_Smithy

Post by TI_Smithy »

That and if you have auto search containers checked in razor it will auto-xplode when you either lift it or put it into your pack. I don't have much experience of the mechanism so someone correct me on that bit.

LordKrake

Post by LordKrake »

Amazing. I have never been so skillfully PKed. I didnt think that I opened the chest, but I must have. I had thought to bring it with me and open it when I recalled out. That would have been funny too.

It was Downs, because I got the option to report him as a murderer and set a bounty, and then I saw him, as grey, looting my body.
This makes me feel less bad about dying and not getting to see whats in the chest! Also, lesson learned. Thanks for the info.
And Downs, if you read this, Good on you sir. I would like to buy you a drink.

~Krake

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

TI_Smithy wrote:That and if you have auto search containers checked in razor it will auto-xplode when you either lift it or put it into your pack. I don't have much experience of the mechanism so someone correct me on that bit.
This is most likely what happened. In Razor, click the Display/Counters tab. On the bottom left you will see a check box for "Auto search new containers". Uncheck that box.

If that box is checked, and you simply lift a trapped chest onto your cursor, razor will "open" the chest for you and it will explode.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

ITT: Downs is the shard's best PK.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

This post was a joy to read.
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Grifty McGrift wrote:This post was a joy to read.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Downs is a prolific maker of chumboxes and cA hanger-on. It may not have even been him who placed the trap, but his tinker gets the count/credit. (I should add that Downs is completely Trammel and he totally stole this idea from me!)

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

A++ would read again.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I must confess, t'was I The Greatest PK in UOSA History that killed you.

Had the itch to get out and practice my wizarding after my disappearance some months ago. The treasure box I accidentally dropped on the dragon is what killed you. I keep my valuables in trapped containers for security.

Your punishment for opening my property was your death and loss of loot.

I parked a trash toon outside of destard afterward with your loot inside another treasure chest, but he went unmolested for about 3-4 hours.

You all may see more of me occasionally, depending on how my free time situation goes....

edit: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=38692 for more stories of me and my fellow washed up thieves....
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

LordKrake wrote:Amazing. I have never been so skillfully PKed. I didnt think that I opened the chest, but I must have. I had thought to bring it with me and open it when I recalled out. That would have been funny too.

It was Downs, because I got the option to report him as a murderer and set a bounty, and then I saw him, as grey, looting my body.
This makes me feel less bad about dying and not getting to see whats in the chest! Also, lesson learned. Thanks for the info.
And Downs, if you read this, Good on you sir. I would like to buy you a drink.

~Krake

Great attitude, we need more players like you to join UOSA. Many people would get upset/discouraged/rude over such a coup but you handled the death with class, more interested in how you were killed. And you thanked him for leaving your rune and means to get home, which was nice.
Anyway, this was a joy to read.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Am I the only one who despises chumbucket after loving him for so long and his tales of legendary bard stories? Now that he only pokes his head in on random crap and his posts aren't even Funny or entertaining anymore, its like he's the ex gf that burned me bad.

Anyways, downs didnt put the chest on the dragon. Someone bought the chest from his vendor n stealthed up to the dragons corpse to lay it in there.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Downs

Post by Downs »

....... But I just admitted to it
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Am I the only person in UOSA history to have ever killed chumbucket?
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.