Topics related to Second Age
SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Last edited by SirEricKain on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

HardCore

Re: UOSA TOP 10 Richest List

Post by HardCore »

Just checked my bank.....55k gold! Add me to the list landlubber.
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

1. Vega
2. Rammar
3. Bot
4. Silverfoot
then people like Lightshade, WAP, Bixby, Ashborn, Treyesta, Robb etc... Add some missing people?

I have 7 million liquid, probably twice that in assets, Rares, Silver, Property, resources. So my net worth is lil over 20-25 million. Many, many players are worth more than that. Liquid cash, my guess is nobody is near Vega. Bot and Silverfoot do not play anymore, and really neither does Rammar or Lightshade.

I am probably missing some obvious ones. Most of the rich will never admit their true worth. No advantage to doing so.

Galendae

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Let them come forward and prove their worth.

The "payoff" is the same reason a pvper will display kill shots. To provide empirical evidence that they are unquestionably the best in their field.

In this case who has the most gold/pixels.

You must excuse me for refusing to update the list just by your say so.

Who will be the first participant?
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I think this is a great idea and a worthy cause. I’d love to see the list personally.

The only thing that makes me cringe are the intangibles. Uniques that have never been sold on the open market, value of real estate above deed price. Those things by their nature are subjective in value, and if someone is laying down a castle deed for bragging rights, will almost certainly disagree and squabble over how someone’s final amount of richness is determined. Others will demand proof and a full accounting of the #1 player so they can determine for themselves if they are really #1.

When you start talking about bragging rights and people laying down a Mil to prove it, they will demand a fair and equitable accounting. You can’t really provide a fair and equitable accounting of some things.

Ash is a good example. He owns the two Occlo bank houses, and the three bridged towers. Are the bank houses 44K (deed), 4 mil (my best guess), or 10 Mil (high side estimate) each? His 3 bridged towers are not in an ideal location like the smalls, but they are the only 3 bridged towers on the server making them unique. Are those deed price? 10 mil? 20 mil?

Honestly I hope it happens, and I hope nobody tries to shred your accounting practices when it does. I am so glad I’m not the one who has to value all that stuff. I’d almost certainly underprice a lot of the high dollar items.

Personally I’d develop a method of valuing real estate, uniques, and rares. Post the method so everyone who plays has indirectly agreed to the pricing methodology. That way nobody can gripe later, or when they do you can remind them the parameters were set at the beginning.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

A for effort, but if you think people are going to drop a castle deed plus a subscription fee just for you to certify their wealth, you're confused.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Banks and Hendrix probably in the middleish
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

morgan1109 wrote:Ash is a good example. He owns the two Occlo bank houses, and the three bridged towers. Are the bank houses 44K (deed), 4 mil (my best guess), or 10 Mil (high side estimate) each? His 3 bridged towers are not in an ideal location like the smalls, but they are the only 3 bridged towers on the server making them unique. Are those deed price? 10 mil? 20 mil?

All ash's properties were bought in the last 3-6 months, so those values are known... Also there is at least one other set of triple bridged towers.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Eo is the richest
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I'd be interested in seeing this list as well. Also, I always figured GK was one of the richest. Not that I have any inside knowledge on that. I just always assumed.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Can I interest any of you rich folks in a newbied dragon statuette?
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

If a castle deed will make or break you, you don't belong here.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Brules

Post by Brules »

Vega would top the list of who paid the most IRL $ for gold.

$500 and counting.

slyyoungstar

Post by slyyoungstar »

SirEricKain wrote:If a castle deed will make or break you, you don't belong here.
It's not about make or break. It's about the fact that people didn't build up to be the richest by dumping castle deeds and more on something with zero return. To make a weak analogy, it's like saying, "Hey who's got the cleanest car? Prove it by hocking a loogie on the paintjob! One little snot stain isn't going to make or break the cleanliness of it!"

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Doll hairs
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.