Archery

Topics related to Second Age
Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Archery

Post by Rammar »

Karik Verlee wrote:But my question is what is the restock timer on fletchers. I've noticed its slower than mage's selling regs. What is the time for them to restock?
Mage shops are 30 min; Fletchers and everything else (fairly sure) are 1 hour.

bogdan

Post by bogdan »

Kordavox wrote:Do yourself a favor; summon and shoot down Blade Spirits. Its a breeze.

Lock down 2 or 3 tables, use a mage to abs. targ the enclosed space, make sure your archer is the closest character to the summon spot and he will be attacked and respond. Your skill should shoot up really quick; have about 6k arrows on hand approximately.

I bought bows from bow makers in town and tryd blade spirit again (i used gm bows before and killed the bs too quikly). I started at 66 archery, im now at 86 archery and i only went through 1500 arrows. I have about 1500 left maybe i can gm tonight. Thanks again for the tip.

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Yea I used the BS too. Its a breeze.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

How consistent are the gains with a blade spirit? Like, how many shots/arrows used per 0.1 gain at 85.0+ level?

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

I did the summoned BS thing as well for archery and a good chunk of tactics on a fisherman I put together. Worked very well. I also ran a macro to use the anatomy skill on BS's by creature type at the same time as this was a new character and needed the anatomy too. These forums are a wealth of information. I wish I had known about this way back when on Sonoma instead of spending all those hours at the city of the dead and tera keep.

bogdan

Post by bogdan »

uofuntime wrote:How consistent are the gains with a blade spirit? Like, how many shots/arrows used per 0.1 gain at 85.0+ level?

sorry i didnt record detailed information. Gains were really good up until 91 and then it seemed to slow down a little, but not much. I just know it was faster then running around shooting stuff.
Last edited by bogdan on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alican

Post by Alican »

hire a paladin npc from britain, they're usually in the tavern down the bank. equip it with the missing platemail parts and give it a heather shield then set up a heal target macro and fire away. dont forget to say "all guard me" before you attack and "all stay" after you attack

Downs

Post by Downs »

just wanna point out that if you need tactics too, a shield on any npc introduces a chance to parry. you only gain tactics on successful hits
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Bag

Post by Bag »

Alican wrote:hire a paladin npc from britain, they're usually in the tavern down the bank. equip it with the missing platemail parts and give it a heather shield then set up a heal target macro and fire away. dont forget to say "all guard me" before you attack and "all stay" after you attack
I found pally sparring to be too risky in terms of keeping the npc alive. even with garbage bows and low skill, you f up the pallies pretty good with a couple shots.

edit: also, when arching BS's in a macro, do you just leave scavenger running and stand a tile from where the BS lands to catch missed arrows?

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Meh, I dont leave the scavenger running. I just have the archer anatomy the caster, then grab 2500 arrows on him and check back in a few hours to pick up the other ones.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

bogdan

Post by bogdan »

Bag wrote:
Alican wrote:hire a paladin npc from britain, they're usually in the tavern down the bank. equip it with the missing platemail parts and give it a heather shield then set up a heal target macro and fire away. dont forget to say "all guard me" before you attack and "all stay" after you attack
I found pally sparring to be too risky in terms of keeping the npc alive. even with garbage bows and low skill, you f up the pallies pretty good with a couple shots.

edit: also, when arching BS's in a macro, do you just leave scavenger running and stand a tile from where the BS lands to catch missed arrows?
ya i had scavanger running

Kordavox

Post by Kordavox »

Keep in mind your rate of fire and thus skill gain rate is very different between 25 and 100 dex. Keep that in mind when you at 90ish and your gains really slow; if its slow for a 100 dex archer, its going to be abysmally slow for a 25 dex archer.

tkelz448

Post by tkelz448 »

Just a quick add-in really fast. The paladins are good too for the little healing they do (don't matter at higher end of skill), but the thing behind BS that is good is 2 things, 1) It allows you / alt / friend work on magery which we all know is a pain to raise, and 2) A BS will auto attack closest, and when it dies, it's cool, because you have someone casting it again in a few seconds compared to running back to town wherever to pay for another guard to kill. Just my $.02

blazz

Post by blazz »

uofuntime wrote:
bogdan wrote:I was at 52.6 or 52.5, something like that... 225 arrows ( or around 1 hour or a little more) later im at 52.8. Pretty slow gains. Or is this normal?
What are you shooting? I can get 0.3 gains for about 10 arrows at that level just shooting monsters.

And wow are you training this on a mage? 225 shots per hour is 1 shot every 16 seconds!

I started a new archer and trained her from 50.0 to 60.0 archery by hunting various monsters. Used about 600-700 arrows? That's about a skill point every 6-7 arrows.

I want to know hunting matters, and I like using crossbows..