Lockdowns:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Lockdowns:

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:Blackfoot,

This was the same concern that Derrick had/has... However, if you can alter the way they function that means you can alter it into just about anything you want... For example, clicking on an arrow can send a system message in the bottom left hand corner that skill/stat locks do not work in the t2a era, etc... This client side issue isn't much different than the current many others that exist such an AOS status bar listing odd/inaccurate instances(luck, damage, fire, poison, energy, etc..), character creation for invalid classes/templates(necros, pallys, ninjas, or elves), bad skills in the skills menu(discordance, necromancy, paladins, bushido, etc...), and the list could go on just about forever... Also, I think it's even possible to have all the skills display a specific gump... for example, the skill could always be pointing up, down, or locked never changing. Having the skills always pointing up not being able to change may help reduce the confusion along with a system message.
yeah that's right actually, i'd forgotten, but that was what they did on rebirth so there was no confusion. after you change the arrow it would give you a system message and bump the arrow back to its previous state
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Yeah I totally screwed up my easy math there.

Sorry for that everyone!

Still, as faust pointed out items did not decay in houses on phase 2 anyways, so that whole post was irrelevant.
Cowards that are currently up for a personal bounty!

Veritas
Smithy

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I duno where this thread still stands but

we have had a lot of threads about eating lockded down food : mostly about fishteaks

why has that been debated back and fourth so often if its as simple as you werent able to lockdown fishteaks back in the day
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

BlackFoot wrote:I duno where this thread still stands but

we have had a lot of threads about eating lockded down food : mostly about fishteaks

why has that been debated back and fourth so often if its as simple as you werent able to lockdown fishteaks back in the day
We should still be able to eat your hanging rare herbs, cakes and whatever other edibles are locked down without being friended. I personally don't know the whole deal with "when" stackables became lockdownable, but that makes no difference on "why" people are talking about this.

I'm pretty sure we should be able to eat anything locked down, as well as telekenesis-eat things behind barriers etc.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

but rare herbs shouldnt be able to be locked down since they stack, liek most every food in the game

as in eating locked down fishsteaks, at the same period being unable to lockdown stackables must be mutually exclusive...

so which is it :o

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

BlackFoot wrote:but rare herbs shouldnt be able to be locked down since they stack, liek most every food in the game

as in eating locked down fishsteaks, at the same period being unable to lockdown stackables must be mutually exclusive...

so which is it :o
So I didnt know herbs were stackable (nor do I really care), the point I was making is that I should be able to eat/use whatever you lock down (provided you can lock it down), but you already knew that.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

im more concerned with getting stackables being able to be locked down or not right than what happens to them after
its going to have a huge impact in game either way