Stealing: murder counts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Derrick

Re: Stealing: murder counts

Post by Derrick »

Man you guys are classy. I wish every thread about accuracy would run as smooth as this.

Thanks very much for everyones research in this.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Would this change maintain be booted from the thieves guild as long as you have murder counts? I will pretty much have to put down chum at that point I fear.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

According to era accurate behavior, a thief cannot have any murder counts to their name. When they are kicked out of the guild for recieving a count, they can't re-join for a real life week.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

akeba

Post by akeba »

As much as I like the chumbucket-esque Thug thief.. are these changes going to be implemented any time soon?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is already in

Flatwoods

Post by Flatwoods »

Well will we ever see the removal of the autodefend feature?

If I autodefend and throw a lucky punch that does damage -- won't the person that attacked me (that I stole from) be able to recall away and have a guild buddy finish them off and issue me a count?

Even if I did run my butt off?

Cutpurse

Post by Cutpurse »

Yeah, I decided to go back to my old name on here.

Disregard my last post as Flatwoods, I see that you are no longer going to be allowed to issue a murder once you recall from the fight.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Flatwoods wrote:Well will we ever see the removal of the autodefend feature?

If I autodefend and throw a lucky punch that does damage -- won't the person that attacked me (that I stole from) be able to recall away and have a guild buddy finish them off and issue me a count?

Even if I did run my butt off?
The ability to give a murder count after recalling is being removed for era accuracy, details in another thread.

Edit: Oops, didn't read the whole thread before posting

akeba

Post by akeba »

I'm pretty sure my thug-thief can indeed steal while in combat.. and has been able to fight back and kill many folks that attacked me immediately after stealing from them.

This thread suggests that if you steal from someone and they attack you within 2 minutes of the theft, if you fight back and kill them they can report you for murder, revoking your thieves guild membership for a week. This most definitely is not in, unless all those poor marks were nice enough not to report me.

venox

Post by venox »

from my understanding, this only affects a thief, if they flag grey, not perma-grey.
so if you see your name go grey and the timer begin in the top left corner of the screen, flagging grey, dont retaliate or you risk a murder count, otherwise feel free!!!

akeba

Post by akeba »

I've been attacked after flagging grey (stealing & being noticed and stealing & failing), and have retaliated.. killing the target, and did not receive a murder count.. additionally the targets have always appeared grey to me once they begin attacking.. not blue as these posts led me to believe..

Hrm..