[Era Accuracy] Combat gains inside houses

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Creager

[Era Accuracy] Combat gains inside houses

Post by Creager »

This just popped into my mind as was i sitting here macroing characters. Wasn't skill gain for combat skills disabled inside of houses? I remember always having to spar outside for this reason. I can't quite remember the reasoning exactly, maybe it had something to do if you were the house owner or not, or maybe this was even a UO:R change? Anyone wanna help shed some light on this?
Last edited by Creager on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Faust

Re: [Era Accuracy] Combat gains inside houses

Post by Faust »

This was added just one month before the UOR publish. Here is the patch notes regarding this addition http://update.uo.com/design_180.html.
Combat skills (Swordsmanship, Fencing, Mace Fighting, Wrestling, and Archery) will only be affected by this code when the character is inside a house.
This was when power hour and anti-macro code was established. We typically disregard most changes after the last patch in 1999. We don't use the anti-macro code so I think it would be safe to say that this wouldn't exist here for that reason.

Type6

Post by Type6 »

I'd say that came later, we used to train inside all the time.

Creager

Post by Creager »

Faust wrote:This was added just one month before the UOR publish. Here is the patch notes regarding this addition http://update.uo.com/design_180.html.
Combat skills (Swordsmanship, Fencing, Mace Fighting, Wrestling, and Archery) will only be affected by this code when the character is inside a house.
This was when power hour and anti-macro code was established. We typically disregard most changes after the last patch in 1999. We don't use the anti-macro code so I think it would be safe to say that this wouldn't exist here for that reason.
oh damn, that explains it.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

IMO this would be a nice addition

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The anti-macro systems like 8x8 aren't generally considered T2A; but the lower skill gain against players, as is implemented here is accurate.

Xarx

Post by Xarx »

If any changes were made its a bit drastic...

8 hours of sparring and I am not GM swords...

Last time I did gm swords it wasnt this bad.