2x Smalls North of Minoc (Keep dropped) [SOLD]

Buying/Selling Housing

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Capitalist

Re: 2x Smalls North of Minoc (Keep dropped) [SOLD]

Post by Capitalist »

Apoc you just sold a keep for 2.6 mill? lol
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

I did, and it blew my mind. Like I said, my head is reeling from the market. Plus, the keep I sold was friggin epic! :D

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I don't think Warrick is buying up to sell. It took me a month to sell a keep here for 1.5 mill... I won't speculate what it could get now, but profit wise it's just not that enticing.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Apocalypse wrote:I'm all for selling for whatever the market will bear. I just think the risk/reward ratio seems off, but I guess I'm an old school guy who's used to selling keeps for 1.2 mil to maybe 1.5 mil tops. The housing market right now has got my head reeling so I must be way off base. If they're truly selling for 2 mil now, then I think the ratio is more even. You're numbers do seem much more realistic in light of that.

*edit*

To reiterate my thinking, if the owner pays around 1 mil to buy the houses and place a keep and, in my old school way of thinking, would only be able to sell for 1.2 mil or so, that's not very much profit compared to the risks involved, as I stated. Hopefully you guys can see where I was coming from with that. :)
If keeps were still going for 1.2, I agree with you that a 4x per house buyout would seem like a lot, but in that instance I doubt anyone would pay 4x for a small blocker house. The market sort of adjusts itself. That's probably why you feel more comfortable with 2x to 3x, because you are thinking of a 1.2m gold keep.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Elk Eater wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:I'm all for selling for whatever the market will bear. I just think the risk/reward ratio seems off, but I guess I'm an old school guy who's used to selling keeps for 1.2 mil to maybe 1.5 mil tops. The housing market right now has got my head reeling so I must be way off base. If they're truly selling for 2 mil now, then I think the ratio is more even. You're numbers do seem much more realistic in light of that.

*edit*

To reiterate my thinking, if the owner pays around 1 mil to buy the houses and place a keep and, in my old school way of thinking, would only be able to sell for 1.2 mil or so, that's not very much profit compared to the risks involved, as I stated. Hopefully you guys can see where I was coming from with that. :)
If keeps were still going for 1.2, I agree with you that a 4x per house buyout would seem like a lot, but in that instance I doubt anyone would pay 4x for a small blocker house. The market sort of adjusts itself. That's probably why you feel more comfortable with 2x to 3x, because you are thinking of a 1.2m gold keep.
I feel that you're wrong and 4x was too much. I think that way because I don't think they bought to sell, thus profit wasn't kept in mind.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Vega wrote:
Elk Eater wrote:

*edit*

I feel that you're wrong and 4x was too much. I think that way because I don't think they bought to sell, thus profit wasn't kept in mind.
Their motive doesn't really matter, if they aren't selling then they are getting an asset at well below market price.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

the 1 thing i dont like about the 4x5x deed stuff is 90% of the time these people arent idocers they lucked into some quick cash but try to bleed dry the people who spend endless hours runnin marking checking... and the case with this keep was a little kid got pissy and spammed in irc and brit gated to it soo anyone other than myself and 1 other person just got free lewt for doing nothing

im newish to the idoc game and i tell you without a doubt it is harder than any type of pve farming and alot fo the time you could make more with a turret depending on griefing
Dyx, Your Local Housing Relocation Guild!
Here to sell you housing without the stiff prices!

smit9352

Post by smit9352 »

I hope you the best of luck in getting that middle house, I hear that owner is a hardass.
Derrick wrote:Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.
Kaivan wrote:I wasn't aware that popular opinion was more valued than accuracy.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Sadistik wrote:the 1 thing i dont like about the 4x5x deed stuff is 90% of the time these people arent idocers they lucked into some quick cash but try to bleed dry the people who spend endless hours runnin marking checking... and the case with this keep was a little kid got pissy and spammed in irc and brit gated to it soo anyone other than myself and 1 other person just got free lewt for doing nothing

im newish to the idoc game and i tell you without a doubt it is harder than any type of pve farming and alot fo the time you could make more with a turret depending on griefing
That's part of the IDOC game, and UO in general.

You aren't entitled to anything. Something isn't yours until you take it, etc.

You really think that 1m gold for a keep is getting bled dry? If you know of any keeps for sale for 1m gold, I'd be glad to hear about them. On top of that, your partner was asking MORE for his house than I was sold mine for! Why is your partner trying to "bleed people dry?"

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

smit9352 wrote:I hope you the best of luck in getting that middle house, I hear that owner is a hardass.
Hah! I thought you and Sadistik were partners, I apologize for the presumption.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

elk reading what i said again the 10% might have applied to this but in this market right now 1 mill wont be made from a keep it took me 3 weeks to sell a tower

especially when the owner of the key spot is a rummored hard ass....

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I can refute that Smit is a hardass. It's quite comfortable.

Sadistik

Post by Sadistik »

and the situation is still the same isnt it 3 seperate owners

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

...and here's the keep, already with a 2m gold offer! viewtopic.php?f=72&t=51161