Locking down house keys

Topics related to Second Age
The Gods

Locking down house keys

Post by The Gods »

Can you no longer lock down house keys outside ur house? I did and now it say i cant access or use the key when i double click it. I did 3 tables high, then a spellbook/runebook and then the key, but wouldnt go directly on top of the book like it used to. Is there a different way or just cant do it anymore? Cuz my other ones work that i did a while ago. Thanks

Bixby Legbone

Re: Locking down house keys

Post by Bixby Legbone »

The Gods wrote:Can you no longer lock down house keys outside ur house? I did and now it say i cant access or use the key when i double click it. I did 3 tables high, then a spellbook/runebook and then the key, but wouldnt go directly on top of the book like it used to. Is there a different way or just cant do it anymore? Cuz my other ones work that i did a while ago. Thanks

You can still do it. You just didn't go high enough. Keep adding items (I think you needed one more item from your description) before you add the keys. *Make sure you are attempting to lock down keys on a key ring, and not just plain key.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Bixby Legbone wrote:Make sure you are attempting to lock down keys on a key ring, and not just plain key.
^ Thinking this was the problem.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

I havent played in a while but last time I did, I tried to lock down keys on my (now fallen) island home and Lich home. I locked them down but after locking them down it said I couldnt use it. I thought it was bugged so I called Boomland and Mammoth but I got called away to daddy duty because my wonderful woman locked her keys in the car with my daughter so I had to leave to get them.
I am curious, has anyone recently tried it? Cause it did seem to be broking.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

Just placed a small house outside britain. I did get it to work but it seems higher than before. Make sure the key is in a keyring and if it wont let you lock it down just keep stacking crap until its high enough. If you are getting the message you cant use this its probly not in a keyring. I can confirm as of yesterday it works fine

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Bixby Legbone wrote:
The Gods wrote:Can you no longer lock down house keys outside ur house? I did and now it say i cant access or use the key when i double click it. I did 3 tables high, then a spellbook/runebook and then the key, but wouldnt go directly on top of the book like it used to. Is there a different way or just cant do it anymore? Cuz my other ones work that i did a while ago. Thanks

You can still do it. You just didn't go high enough. Keep adding items (I think you needed one more item from your description) before you add the keys. *Make sure you are attempting to lock down keys on a key ring, and not just plain key.
bah i forgot bout the key ring! that was the problem. thanks :)

Roden

Post by Roden »

Always worked for me, though place it on the left or right side of the entrance, if you place it in the middle of the steps it disappears from view when you are at the front door.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Hold down control/shift and lock down the grey text box for the keys.