Daily Event Suggestion: British Army Bulk Orders

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Type6

Re: Daily Event Suggestion: British Army Bulk Orders

Post by Type6 »

I think ezp's even idea is really good, but crafters should get a bigger role. Simply gathering resources while other people duke it out seems a bit boring imo.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Type6 wrote:I think ezp's even idea is really good, but crafters should get a bigger role. Simply gathering resources while other people duke it out seems a bit boring imo.
That's what their choice is in the game. They choose to craft and get resources to sell what they make to those that will use it fighting. Why make them something they are not?

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Jaster wrote:
Type6 wrote:I think ezp's even idea is really good, but crafters should get a bigger role. Simply gathering resources while other people duke it out seems a bit boring imo.
That's what their choice is in the game. They choose to craft and get resources to sell what they make to those that will use it fighting. Why make them something they are not?
Its not makinging them somthign their not is simply giving them somthing the others already have. There are 3 parts to UO, crafters, pvm'ers, and pvper's. Unfortunatly, most freeshards tend to focus on pvp'ers, especially when it comes to events and rewards. I think there should be some sort of crafting event, though not the one suggested because then people will just stockpile shit and wait by lord british with it for the callout.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Faust

Post by Faust »

That is the point of this event is to simply allow all characters to have some sort of a role. Crafters can gather their specified resources to enhance their teams chance of winning. In the end crafters would be rewarded a trophy for helping the team win. However, a crafter's team relies on them as much as they rely on the team to obtain the victory. The event could even be expaned by allowing the team npc's request orders and so forth during the event to make it more interesting for a crafter. The goal of the event is to make it fun for ANYONE that does it making each person an eccentric part of the event, while maintaining a level of reasoning for the coding to not become a nightmare.