Healing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Post Reply
User avatar
violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Telengard Keep

Healing

Post by violator »

Does anyone have a great set of macros for GMing Healing without killing oneself?

I have reached the point now where I'm only getting gains from curing poison. Before re-inventing the wheel, I thought I'd ask first.

Scenario:

The character that I am trying to GM Healing on can successfully poison himself with a spell (or potions). So, hopefully no need to dual client this one.

He's currently sitting on 73.0 shown/68.7 real
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

User avatar
PorkTornado
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: Healing

Post by PorkTornado »

violator wrote:Does anyone have a great set of macros for GMing Healing without killing oneself?

I have reached the point now where I'm only getting gains from curing poison. Before re-inventing the wheel, I thought I'd ask first.

Scenario:

The character that I am trying to GM Healing on can successfully poison himself with a spell (or potions). So, hopefully no need to dual client this one.

He's currently sitting on 73.0 shown/68.7 real
If you're looking to do it single client I'd say casting poison on yourself would be the way to go since it will only use 1 NS. Perhaps start the macro with an IF condition of being poisoned to cure with bandage and wait 18 seconds. Next put an Else condition to cast poison with a 1 second pause followed by another IF condition Hit Points under 50 (its up to you) to cast heal on yourself.

The 18 second time out will slow down you gains quite a bit when compared to the 8 seconds it takes to cure someone else (eg: curing another toon). That toon could be running an IF condition of healing its self if Hit Points under a certain number. So it all depends on how fast you care to get to 80 healing so you can start res'ing.

User avatar
violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Telengard Keep

Re: Healing

Post by violator »

I am not totally opposed to doing this dual client. I'll have to figure out if I have a good "poison-ee" is not on the same account as the healer.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

User avatar
PorkTornado
Posts: 722
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Re: Healing

Post by PorkTornado »

all you need is someone to cast poison on themselves

User avatar
violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Posts: 1318
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Telengard Keep

Re: Healing

Post by violator »

I have just the guy. :D
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

User avatar
Apocalypse
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Re: Healing

Post by Apocalypse »

Been a long time since I worked healing, but I think I used this method: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12710

Nickodemuse
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:56 pm
Location: SW Louisiana

Re: Healing

Post by Nickodemuse »

Not answering your single client question, but I have been using a Poison Field macro to break the 80 healing barrier. (Although I'm 99% sure you can start ressing ghosts at 79 and gain). I got one toon just moving in a 3 tile area back and forth, have healer on right side of said 3 til area. 3rd toon casting poison field. Adjust timers on caster and healer as needed so the walker doesn't die. I got a guy from I think 70ish healing to 79 the other night using this method. 150 poison field reags used. Not sure how many bandages. Under 5k for sure. I think macro ran for prolly 4-6 hours til last save from time we started it.

SighelmofWyrmgard
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: Healing

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

PorkTornado wrote: If you're looking to do it single client I'd say casting poison on yourself would be the way to go since it will only use 1 NS. Perhaps start the macro with an IF condition of being poisoned to cure with bandage and wait 18 seconds. Next put an Else condition to cast poison with a 1 second pause followed by another IF condition Hit Points under 50 (its up to you) to cast heal on yourself.

The 18 second time out will slow down you gains quite a bit when compared to the 8 seconds it takes to cure someone else (eg: curing another toon). That toon could be running an IF condition of healing its self if Hit Points under a certain number. So it all depends on how fast you care to get to 80 healing so you can start res'ing.
I only want to interject: do not nest your "IFs" "upside-down"; the first IF should be HP-too-low, then cure and heal, pause 2ish seconds, ELSE IF poisoned-yes bandage & wait 18ish seconds, ELSE cast Poison & wait 1ish second(s). Under this scheme, even if a system save, or a griefer, or whatever, screws up your unattended macro, the character shouldn't die, and/or you shouldn't miss any cycles.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

User avatar
Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Healing

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

This is not the most efficient way to raise healing, however I raised a healing from 30-95 by simply healing dexxers and chaos guards. I would use an chaos guard trapped in my house for melee gains. If you're training up some melee skills on multiple characters this is something to think about.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

SighelmofWyrmgard
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Re: Healing

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Nickodemuse wrote:Not answering your single client question, but I have been using a Poison Field macro to break the 80 healing barrier. (Although I'm 99% sure you can start ressing ghosts at 79 and gain). I got one toon just moving in a 3 tile area back and forth, have healer on right side of said 3 til area. 3rd toon casting poison field. Adjust timers on caster and healer as needed so the walker doesn't die. I got a guy from I think 70ish healing to 79 the other night using this method. 150 poison field reags used. Not sure how many bandages. Under 5k for sure. I think macro ran for prolly 4-6 hours til last save from time we started it.
Interesting, and I've been trying to figure out why this might be ... does the Poison Field spell inflict a higher type of poison than the Poison spell? If not, then could there be some "artifact" from the 5th-circle spell that makes it more difficult to cure than the 3rd-circle spell; if this, latter, is true, is that the way it should be (mechanically)?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Lofwyr
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 5:38 am

Re: Healing

Post by Lofwyr »

If you don't really mind dual clienting, get a character with 100hp give it a bow (to prevent melee) and have him get hit by a snake, the little, normal snakes.
You can pretty much heal on bandage cooldown that way without any, slightly more elaborate, triggers like "snooping your character which listens to that system message to then initiate the bandaging".

It requires more of a setup than just casting poison or whatnot, but if you do find a snake and a remote location, or maybe even a house, then Bob's gonna be your aunt.

Post Reply

Return to “Guides”