Dispel Gate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dispel Gate

Post by noxmonk »

Mephistopheles wrote:How do you arrive at a destination to which the entrance doesn't exist?
star trek, beam me up scotty

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

aXe wrote:Either way you can't go back through, the only difference is that the person on the other side of the gate will still see the gate but won't be able to go through it?
I had mentioned this to Derrick before. The way it should work is you can dispel one side. the other side of the gate will still work but going back through it will yield no way to go back to where you just were. It should definitely only dispel one side.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Insert Patch Notes Plz

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Actually, your best shot at proving this is probably not patch notes but rather the adventures of Galad, which was sort of a screenshot comic of T2A tomfoolery. His comics were recorded during this time (no Trammel, but Terathan Keep and thus T2A were certainly in existence as that's where he caused the most trouble).

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Mikel123 wrote:Actually, your best shot at proving this is probably not patch notes but rather the adventures of Galad, which was sort of a screenshot comic of T2A tomfoolery. His comics were recorded during this time (no Trammel, but Terathan Keep and thus T2A were certainly in existence as that's where he caused the most trouble).
I <3 Galad
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Pretty certain galad was mostly uor

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

noxmonk wrote:Pretty certain galad was mostly uor
Hiding in a doorway to block people's exit when they run away with low health/stam from a Terathan Avenger is pretty ineffective in Trammel, wouldn't you say?

I'm pretty sure he crossed eras, but if you can find dated episodes... I dunno. I just feel like I remember some gate-dispelling nonsense in some of his early screenshots.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

He was def in the T2A era. He may have attempted to carry on past that but he def predated UO:R and trammel.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

http://www.looterslair.com/Episodes/E4/Index.html

Bola Balls, Episode 4, Not T2A Era

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Mephistopheles wrote:http://www.looterslair.com/Episodes/E4/Index.html

Bola Balls, Episode 4, Not T2A Era
This is like saying Pearl Jam wasn't a 90's band, because look - Riot Act! http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=it6Qzy ... W1V3ujJvOD

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Neutral Galad is UO:R, remmember its 3 diffrent people, evil and good then neutral. Evil Galad aka original Galad is T2A for sure, check out the first strips, talking about being blue soon after looting someones body.
?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Im sorry, but is someone arguing against the fact that dispell only worked on one side of the gate during T2A?

I never saw a gate dispelled on both sides until I got here to UOSA. I was litterally puzzeled by seeing a gate disapear without a caster in the screen. That's just plain not accurate.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Feel free to keep conjecturing. I'll be waiting for those patch notes.

In all seriousness IDC and wouldn't remember how it worked from T2A but evidence is always necessary.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I haven't really read this thread at all really. However, from the sound of it there are people trying to defend the dispel field working properly by dispelling both gates... This has never been the case for Ultima Online ever. I can't believe there are some people actually arguing for it to be honest.

Here is a portion from a Stratics message board that clearly shows you that the current Ultima Online will dispel only one side to this very day.
Originally Posted by RichDC - 04-30-2009, 04:27 AM - http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1209267 wrote:
Originally Posted by Sarsmi wrote:

[*]Summoned Moongates can be closed with the "dispel field" spell.
Partially true, they will only dispel on one side. The other end will remain open.

(so if you open a gate walk through and dispel, no-one can return but the gate the other side is open so they can come through)
This was exactly the way that it worked during the t2a too from the way that I remember the spell.

The demo code for the dispel field spell looks to me like it will only remove the gate that is targeted. This obviously means that the way it works on here is entirely incorrect.

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

That's dated to the modern version of UO. If you actually went through and played the demo until you had enough Magery to gate, please record yourself.